I was recently awarded the “Versatile Blogger” Award by the talented Pedro at Maru Can Kiss My… blog. I appreciate the honor, although the other two cats and the yard are a bit bemused about how he only seems to gush about Calpurnia. So I’ll try to make the seven facts about her.
- Strangely for a Persian, she is quite a climber and jumper. When she was at her most unsure she finds a lot of comfort in climbing high on a tree or bookshelf.
- Her favorite food bowl is a pink ceramic bowl with ‘Princess’ embossed in a little silver heart. It was a gift from my mom. Somebody regularly pushes kibble out the back of it because it has a shallow rim, I don’t know if it is Calla or Gus.
- Her ideal weight according to the Vet would be 11 pounds. She is currently riding a little over, up from a lot less when she was adopted.
- If you lie down she will come to visit you in a very short time to say hello and sit with you for a short time. Then she will go off to somewhere nearby.
- If she is up high and you are sitting nearby she has the habit of flinging herself directly down next to you. Being dive bombed by a 10 pound fluff bomb is startling to say the least.
- A picture of her, and one of my favorites too has been languishing in the ‘Unattached Pictures’ section of the blog’s Media list for a long time. I’ll fix that now:
- Her most frequently seen picture is one that almost nobody really ever sees. How’s that for a riddle? Here’s a link: These Eyes. I think it was a look very much like that one that sealed the deal when I saw her the very first time in person. I’ve always been an eye guy.
I’m going to have to forego the ‘pass it on to 15 others’ part. Fifteen might as well be a million. I’m an engineer, social contact is alien to my nature. But thank you for the award, Pedro. I’m glad you are enjoying my blog and I hope you continue to read it.