A commenter yesterday was wondering if Calpurnia brought down her prey in the last post. As you can see, she did. Nature red in tooth and claw and all that.
We also got another award yesterday, the Very Inspiring Blog Award, this time from kimkiminy at Check Your Premises. Thank you for the honor!
It is kind of ironic, because when I was a baby blogger she was an a great inspiration to keep on plugging away, because she was one of the earliest regular commenters that I had. It is a great thing to know someone is reading your blog.
She has a nice eclectic mix of posts, but the one thing that caught my eye was her art tucked into a menu bar at the top – “My Oil Paintings”. The subject that caught my eye were the particle tracks from the target of an Accelerator. As an old Physics guy, this was just the coolest thing ever. The others are nice too. You should check them out, and stay for the cute Owl-lette pictures.
So since we are sitting under a nice picture of Gus in the yard, I will fulfill the conditions of the award by giving information about Gus after his vet visit.
- He passed his general health test with flying colors with one little catch. He had a little fever and had to go back for an antibiotic shot.
- He kept his weight steady after losing some the previous times
- His medication for hyperthyroid has his levels almost right, if a little low. But the current dosage level is a bit vague, so we need to do a retest.
- There will be a good chance to do so, since he needs another tooth extracted soon. One of his big ones.
- He’s been a little stiff lately, and the Vet wants him to get some glucosamine supplements. It is supposed to be tasty.
- He doesn’t like the powder in his food.
- He doesn’t like the powder in his milk treats.
I decided to add the chicken flavored powder into some low sodium broth to see if he will go for that reliably. He’s getting spoiled with meals, treats and broth all at once.
Calla wants to get away from all this talk of pills and vets. She likes avoiding that kind of thing just fine. Actually, it is about time she got a trim from the groomer. I need to increase the frequency from annual to something shorter.
And it has been hot this last week.