Well, I called that one just about perfectly. I went out at lunch today to buy a new SD card and when I got home to try it out I couldn’t get the old one out of the camera. It had split again and stuck in the housing. It took quite a bit of teasing and tearing to get it out. In effect the entire case had to be torn out. Then the part that was stuck fell out.
So now I have a naked SD card with about 2600 images on it that can’t be used unless I can repackage it. All of the pictures are downloaded, though, so it is really just a matter of principle.
I managed to get a picture of Gus once all the furor was over. It has been a while.
With the new, blank SD I did try using the Win7 USB download that has never worked well for me. Well, it was at least fast, but there were still issues. The images went into a directory named 4124-1-1 instead of by the right date, and for some reason they weren’t being recognized by Picasa as present. When I pulled out the SD card like I had before, everything worked well.
At least it the same thing I have been doing, so it is no worse. It just always seemed odd that the Win7 process is so much worse than the Vista one had been.
While I fret over silly stuff, Calla was doing the side biscuit business on the sofa.
I love her serious face when she is doing this stuff.
- All Around Girl (threecatyard.wordpress.com)