There’s a lot to cover in today’s post…first, and a Liebster Award from the gracious Ellie of “The Howling Mad Cat”. The blog stars a 21 year old Tabby Cat, who seems pretty spry still for all that.
Thanks Ellie! It is an interesting coincidence that around this time Gus has his birthday, and he is 16 now.
Also, today is the day I become an OlderCat myself.
I keep thinking about this song when I think of Gus and his 16 years. The award requires the answer to some questions.
1. Do you have any pets?
I have three cats and whatever little critters Julie drags home and lets go. He brought home a lizard just yesterday.
2. What’s your favorite pastime?
Reading. I even take a book and read while walking for exercise and to lunch. If it is a big book it even counts as a workout.
3. If you had your choice, where would you live?
I do have my choice. I don’t really mind where I live.
4. What’s your favorite snack or dessert?
I’m not supposed to eat anything good anymore.
5. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you choose to play?
Some kind of stringed instrument like a lyre or mandolin. Other kinds scare the cats, I know from experience.
6. What’s your favorite animal?
7. Do you prefer walking, running, or swimming?
Walking. If I want to make it harder I find a hill when it is 100 degrees out. This isn’t hard since I live on the side of a hill.
8. If there was one thing you could do if money were no object, what would it be?
I don’t really know, nothing comes to mind.
9. Do you prefer serif or sans serif fonts?
Enough of these personal questions! Serif.
10. Butter or no butter on toast?
No Butter, No Peace!
11. Have you ever cried while watching a film?
Tough guys don’t do that. I’ll admit getting a lump in the throat when the music for Rohan plays in The Two Towers and during the Pickett’s Charge sequence in the movie “Gettysburg” despite the fact I’m a Yankee to the bone.
Gus owns his soul to the company store.