Gus is getting used to the kitlets being around during the evenings. He watches them some, and goes off to his places to sleep like before some. The kittens haven’t been annoying him with their play.
What they have been doing is investigating new frontiers in the downstairs rooms.
Davout has been going down – underneath things like the little stool here and the even smaller stand you can see in the background, That one is only a few inches high. The two of them got excited about a motorized “mouse fishing” robot toy I have had for years and while chasing it Davout chose the strategy of hiding under that stool. Here, he is doing the same to get at those price and name tags I still have not removed…
But it is pretty comfy in there for a kitten of his size.
And also, another award! This time it is catcalledmorris from the blog “Paws For Thought”.
I thank Morris very much for the honor.
I need to give ten facts about us…I’ll start with Davout.
- Davout is more skittish with people than Rhea…even with me. He does relax if you hold him quietly.
- He has a thunderously loud purr for a small cat.
- He is very gentle most of the time with Rhea when they are play-fighting.
- One notable exception is several times I have seen Rhea duck low as if to hunt for a nipple on his tummy to get milk. He always swats her fairly hard to cut that short.
- He is still trying to play with the robot mouse fish toy almost a day after it was turned off.
And five for Rhea Silvia….
- She is the more determined climber. Today alone she got to the top of the bookshelves, the top of two cat trees, and up my leg to the desk I am working on.
- The cutest thing I have seen her do is stand up like a prairie dog when listening to a strange sound.
- This is more of a Davout trait, but he has the amusing habit of frantically wiping his paws on the side of the box for minutes after using the litter box. What makes it amusing is that he never touches the sand when doing this, so his poop is uncovered.
- Tidy Rhea usually goes in and covers it up for him.
- Rhea really wants to get friendly with the older cats. She often will try and get very close to them to check if they have any objections. I predict she will win in the end.
She also just dumped my ‘paper basket’ where I put the junk mail flyers for recycling. She did the same thing, even more messily yesterday and it was funny seeing how appalled Julie was when he came back home and saw the disturbance.
You’d think he was going to have to clean it up himself.